Festival of Frugality #215
I’m happy to host the Festival of Frugality this week. Back when we graduated from college, Jason and I were $100,000 in debt, and personal finance bloggers were a great source of advice and inspiration. Nine years later, we’ve paid off all our debt (yay!), but a lot of their frugal tips can be applicable to our conservation goals, as well.
There were a lot of submissions this week, so I’ve broken them into categories. I obviously don’t agree with the content of all of them, but here are four of my favorites:
- How to Afford Switching to Cloth Bags – The Conscious Shopper. Who doesn’t have a ton of free canvas bags lying around? However, I think I only started using reusable bags regularly when I found the perfect ones.
- Cook More & Eat In – Chief Family Officer. As I’ve mentioned before, I really need to work on this.
- Eight Versatile Dishes Entirely Adaptable to Your Tastes – Cheap. Healthy. Good. I’m more of a baker than a cook—meaning that I work strictly by recipe. Flexible recipes like this help ease me into more improvisational cooking.
- Square Foot Garden Fever – Being Frugal. Right now I can only garden in pots on my porch, but if I had even a small yard, this would be the way to go.
- The Story of Stuff – Living the Scientific Life.
- Waiting on Extra Purchases – Domestic Cents.
- Homemade Dehydrator – Penniless Parenting.
- 10 Home Office Money Saving Ideas – Cash Money Life.
- Does Buying Food in Bulk Save Money? – Planting Dollars.
- We don’t need no steenking laundry detergent… – Funny about Money.
- Seeing Savings with Online Glasses – Personal Finance Analyst.
- Reduce Your Electricity Bill By Choosing An LCD TV Instead Of Plasma – Canadian Finance Blog.
- How to Maximize Your Entertainment Dollar – Bargaineering.
- Envelope Budgeting Made Simple – Cash Out of Life.
- Budgeting Without Bean Counting – Personal Finance by the Book.
- Do You Have a Worst Case Scenario Plan? – My Dollar Plan.
- Gathering $31,000 in 2010 – The Financial Blogger.
- 4 Steps to A Faster PC – Bucksome Boomer’s Journey to Retirement.
- How to Save Money on the Web: 3 Types of Subscription Tools – Good Financial Cents.
- Money Saving Monday: the Internets – Gather Little by Little.
- How to Save Money When Traveling to Europe – Free Money Finance.
- Bed & Breakfasts vs. Hostels: Bacharach – Wanderlust Journey.
- 7 Ways to Control Spending when You Have Out-of-Town Guests – The Sun’s Financial Diary.
- Winter Travel Bargains, Frugal Winter Weddings: Cold Season Savings – The Smarter Wallet.
- 15 frugal but romantic Valentine ideas – Monroe on a Budget.
- Frugal Valentines Day Gift Ideas – Financial Highway.
- Savings Goals In The New Year And Beyond – Free from Broke.
- 5 Financial Milestones to Aim for By Age 30 – The Digerati Life.
- No One Became Wealthy Worrying for Others – Money Ning.
- If You Believe, You Can Achieve! – Eliminate the Muda.
- Boost Cash Flow For Your Small Business. How I Saved 30% On Phone Expense – Wealth Pilgrim.
- 10 Ways to Cut Your Fitness Membership Costs – Squawkfox.
- How Much Mortgage Can You Afford? – Peak Personal Finance.
More from my site
Posted: February 1st, 2010 under links.
Tags: and I thought there were a lot of submissions for the Carnival of the Green...., frugality, links, saving money