Saturday Green Links – 10/15
The Sierra Club is holding a contest for a free energy audit. And if you don’t win that, you can always get a free audit from Mass Saves.
- Win a Free $600 Value Energy Audit from Sierra Club Green Home – Inhabit. Enter before October 31.
- A Chimney Balloon will Keep Your House Warm, Save You Money – Energy Circle. Fireplaces suck for energy efficiency, but chimney balloons can help.
- Weatherize Baby Weatherize – Complete Home Evaluations. DeWitt has now done energy audits for 250 homes in Maine.
- Meal Planning in the Digital Age – Half-Assed Housewife. I used to be great at meal planning; now I’m trying to relearn it. I hope these websites will help.
- Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup – Not Eating Out in New York. It’s that time of year…
- How To Speed Up Your Website And Be More Eco Friendly – Eco Living Advice. I doubt these tips actually save much energy, but they’re common sense that I need to keep in mind.
- 6 Ways To Drink Wine Smarter – Huffington Post. My friend Lesley really recommends Yellow + Blue.
- 5 Easy Car Repairs Anyone Can Do (Even You) – Cheap Like Me. I’ve never done an oil change myself, but I’ve watched my sister do it many times.
- Go Slow To Go Fast – Slate. Reducing speed limits not only saves gas, but can also reduce traffic jams.
- EPA Launches “Greener Products” Portal – Energy 2.0. A new online guide for EPA eco-labeling programs.
That’s it this week. As always, if you come across anything interesting, send it my way.