Friday Green Links – 6/18
I love the Upright Citizens Brigade. Enjoy!
- The BP Coffee Spill – Grist. A great Upright Citizens Brigade sketch.
- Gulf Oil Spill Vs. Home Energy Retrofits – EnergySavvy.com. The oil that’s leaked so far is equivalent to the energy wasted by 75,000 homes.
- Bay State Rethinking Wood Power – Boston Globe. A new study shows that it takes 20 years for a biomass plant to show a net benefit in greenhouse gases over a coal plant, and 90 years over natural gas.
- New Vegan Chicken Tastes Like the Real Thing – Change.org. I’m all for this. I have nothing against the taste of meat, just the suffering that goes along with it.
- National Restaurant Association: A Greener Shade of Greenwash – The Grenwashing Blog. Apparently all you have to do to get Greener Restaurant certification is pay a fee and answer a questionnaire.
- Natural Nail Care? – It’s Not Easy Being Green. I had my first pedicure ever a couple weeks ago, and I’m not sure I’d do it again. But I may start painting my nails at home…
- 3 Recipes for the Brief Bounty of Garlic Scapes – Change.org. I think I’ll make garlic scape pesto this week.
- How to Make Summer Strawberry Jam – The Greenest Dollar. I’ve never made strawberry jam before, but I’d like to try.
- Washing Your Hands in the Toilet – Green Living Tips. Does anyone know if this actually saves water? As far as I know, this sink drains into the bowl, not the tank, so you still end up using more water. Right?
That’s all for now. Remember to send me anything interesting that you see this week.