Saturday Green Links – 7/7
Despite the unfortunate title, this infographic has a good point. A one-time change that has long-term impact is much more worthwhile than something you have to remember to do regularly.
- Acting Green Vs. Buying Green Infographic – The Good Human. Focusing on technology changes rather than behavioral changes leads to more reliable long-term effects.
- Tips on avoiding plastic from expert Beth Terry – Grist. The My Plastic Free Life blogger has a book out called Plastic Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too.
- How to Green Your Rental – Treehugger. My favorite tip: “Choose Well - The location of your home can have a huge impact on your ability to live sustainably.”
- Getting the Ants Out Naturally – Green Lifestyle Consulting. Some less toxic ways to get rid of ants in your home.
- Great Plants for a Hit-and-Miss Gardener – Green Phone Booth. My favorite plant to grow on a windowsill: cherry tomatoes.
- MBTA reports another month of increased ridership – Boston Globe. A victim of their own success? “Surging T ridership and booming construction around transit stations are poised to overwhelm the MBTA.”
That’s it this week. If you come across anything interesting this week, send it my way.