Saturday Green Links – 11/6
The Mother Jones article seems especially appropriate on the heels of my computer myths post. Seriously, people, use your energy savings settings.
- Should You Shut Down Your Computer or Put It to Sleep? – Mother Jones. Shutting off computers is important, but making sure they’re programmed to sleep after 30 minutes idle is more important.
- Green Medford: Reverse Trick or Treat Bewitches Columbus School Neighborhood – Energy 2.0. This is a great idea! Mike and Sharon should totally do this when Adam gets older.
- Is Energy Efficiency Blue, Red or Both? – New York Times. Massachusetts comes in at #2 on the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy score card.
- Conservation slowing animal extinctions, study shows – Salon. The rate of extinction would have been 20% faster if not for conservation efforts, according to researchers.
- A Safety Kink in Hair Relaxing? – New York Times. Ew… hair straightening formulas contain formaldehyde.
That’s all, folks. As always, if you see anything interesting this, send it my way.